INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
1. Information Collection. Inteva collects information from you using the Site. Inteva’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience.
For example, Inteva can use your personal information to:
- Make the Site easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter information more than once.
- Help you quickly find information and services.
- Help Inteva provide content on the Site that is most relevant to you.
- Alert you to updated information and services offered by Inteva.
- Registration. To use certain portions of the Site, you may be required to first complete an online registration form. During any such registration, you will be prompted to provide to Inteva certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. In addition, Inteva may also ask you for detailed residence information so Inteva can comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Children. Inteva does not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under
the age of 13.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Inteva may collect site-visitation statistical information through “cookies,” Web beacons and other technology. The Site may employ cookies and other technology to speed your navigation of the Site by allowing the Site to recognize each user and his or her access privileges and to track the user’s usage of the Site (“user data”).
- “Web beacons” help Inteva determine whether a Web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) from which you access the Site. Inteva may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, which may be helpful, for example, for system administration and troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet.)
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. Inteva may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of the Site. For example, Inteva may identify you by your viewing history, IP address, profile information, user data and/or browser type. Inteva may also request other profile data including but not limited to: geographical information (such as zip code), personal interests, gender, education, occupation and income level. Inteva may internally use your personal and non-personal information for many purposes, including but not limited to tracking its users’ demographics to improving Inteva’s marketing and promotional efforts to improving the Site’s content and/or layout and to determining general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- External Use. Inteva may disclose personal information about you to third parties when
(1) Inteva uses such third parties to provide products or services on its behalf; (2) required or permitted by law; (3) Inteva seeks to protect its legal rights; and (4) in connection with any licensing, sale, merger, transfer or other disposition associated with all or a portion of the business.
3. Your Disclosure of Personal Information in Public Areas. Personal information that you disclose in a public area of the Site, such as by way of a discussion forum or providing a video clip, may be collected and used by third parties or Inteva. If you do decide to disclose personal information, you do so at your sole risk.
STEPS TAKEN TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Site incorporates various procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, and such procedures may include Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption for certain pages.
LIMITATIONS ON DATA SECURITY AND PRIVACY PROTECTIONS
INTEVA CANNOT GUARANTEE SECURITY. INTEVA ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT OCCURS BY NEGLIGENCE OF INTEVA, ERRORS IN TRANSMISSION, UNAUTHORIZED OR ILLEGAL ACCESS OR ANY OTHER VEHICLE FOR DISCLOSURE.
THE SITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES. INTEVA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY POLICIES ON ANY THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES OR PRIVACY PRACTICES BY ANY THIRD PARTIES.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
You can request that Inteva: (a) remove your personal information from Inteva’s database (which might cancel your subscription to the Site or a portion of the Site); or (b) correct or update your personal information. You can request that Inteva remove, correct or update your personal information at the customer information section of this Site or by contacting Inteva using the information on the contact page of the Site. Subject to the rules and regulations under which Inteva must operate as well as the nature of Inteva’s ongoing relationship with you, Inteva will review your request and use reasonable business judgment with respect to complying.